Phlebotomists & Trainees
Are you looking for a change or new career path?
- Are you looking for a rewarding career in the healthcare industry, with an opportunity to earn while you learn?
- Are you hardworking and people focused?
- We have vacancies in Hawke's Bay working as a phlebotomist (specimen collector).
- We offer a unique educational opportunity to work towards a Diploma in Applied Science (Level 5).
Permanent Part Time
Southern Community Laboratories, a division of Asia Pacific Healthcare Group (APHG), has proudly provided quality pathology services to New Zealanders since 1960. We operate medical laboratories throughout the country.
Do you want to help make a real difference to the health and wellbeing of your community, every single day? We are currently on the hunt for dedicated, enthusiastic and customer centric individuals to fill various vacancies as a Phlebotomist (Specimen Collector). Our Phlebotomists are trained to provide excellent customer service and high quality care to our patients. This is a busy role, with our team processing a large volume of patient specimens over a day.
About the Role
- Permanent part time role working 8-hour shifts Wednesday-Friday plus participation in the Saturday overtime roster once suitably trained. Additional shifts on Monday and Tuesday will be available from time to time.
- Full paid training is provided, but you must be comfortable working with blood and needles.
- Able to take advantage of a unique educational opportunity provided free by APHG, working towards a Level 5 Diploma in Applied Science
Previous Phlebotomy experience and/or relevant qualification is desirable but not essential, so as long as you have:
- A positive and friendly approach to your work
- Compassion for others, including a real desire to provide high quality care to a wide variety of patients of all ages and circumstances
- Excellent customer service skills including a high level of personal presentation
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to follow processes accurately, even when under pressure
- Respect for ensuring patient confidentiality at all times and in all matters
- A clean New Zealand Driver's Licence
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand
If you want to be part of our friendly supportive team, please apply via our careers website www.aphgcareers.co.nz/vacancies
Applications will be reviewed on receipt, and we may fill vacancies before the closing date. So if you are interested, don't delay!