Lab Operations Manager
Northland Pathology - Whangarei
Northland Pathology is a part of Asia Pacific Healthcare Group, providing pathology laboratory testing services to the Northland community for more than 50 years. IANZ accredited laboratory and patient services teams are committed to ensure diagnostic excellence. We aim to build relationships for life with our community and healthcare professionals, and work in close relationship with the other APHG laboratories in New Zealand.
This role encompasses both technical and people management responsibility for Northland Pathology's core laboratory and Patient Services team. You will be based out of Whangarei and report to the General Manager.
About this role:
- You will be responsible for the overall management of Laboratory operations, Patient Services and administration of the laboratory in Whangarei and 7 Collection Centre sites across the Northland region.
- Lead and engage with the team to motivate towards delivering best customer service of highest standard.
- Work collaboratively with the General Manager and Pathologists to ensure quality in laboratory operations and service delivery.
- Ensure staff performance and development reviews are performed in line with company guidelines.
- Keeps up to date with new developments, current literature and best practice standards.
- Responsible for the health and safety of all staff and patients visiting collection centres.
- Manage and resolve complaints to meet customer satisfaction and reduce risks.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- 5+ years of leadership experience in Medical or commercial laboratory operations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships with variety of people.
- Registered with Medical Sciences Council of New Zealand and preferably holds Active Practicing License.
- Competence in an appropriate technical laboratory discipline.
- Commercial acumen including ability to manage budgets and supplier relationships.
- Significant experience in motivating and developing staff
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- Hold full NZ Driver's license.
Rise to the challenge and make you next career move today!