Specimen Services Technician
Southern Community Laboratories is a part of Asia Pacific Healthcare Group. We began as a small private pathology services in Dunedin in 1960s. We are now serving community with our largest network of diagnostic laboratories, providing medical and pathology services all over New Zealand.
About the role:
- You will be the first point of contact for specimens arriving from our collection centres, hospitals and referrals into the lab.
- You will work collaboratively as a part of processing team to receive, label, data entry, audit and answer inbound calls from our clients.
- Full on-job training will be provided and opportunity to get qualified Pre-Analytical Medical Lab Technician.
- Full-time permanent, 80 hours fortnightly working between 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Suitable for entry level graduates looking forward to a career in Medical Laboratory Science.
Previous Laboratory experience is not essential as long as you have:
- A positive and analytical approach to your work
- Excellent customer service skills including a good telephonic etiquettes
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to follow processes accurately, even when under pressure
- Respect for ensuring patient confidentiality at all times and in all matters
- Good knowledge or interest in learning medical terminology is essential.
- Eligibility to work in NZ and full Covid19 vaccination
If this sounds like an excellent opportunity, don't delay..apply now. We will review applications as and when suitable applicants apply which means the role could be filled prior to the close date so apply now to ensure you don't miss this opportunity