Medical Laboratory Technicians - Microbiology
Mt Wellington - Auckland
Labtests provides high quality diagnostic pathology services to the community, healthcare professionals and their patients. Labtests is owned by APHG a healthcare company committed to providing facilities and services that deliver exceptional care to its clients.
APHG conducts 1/3rd of all COVID-19 testing in NZ, the largest of any single service provider. In August 2021, APHG laboratories completed its 1 millionth COVID-19 test as part of the national response to COVID-19 in New Zealand - the largest testing volume for a single service provider.
This is where you come in!
Labtests are seeking Medical Laboratory Technicians to fill permanent, full time (80 hour per fortnight) roles within our Microbiology and Molecular Departments. Shift times are generally between the hours of midday to midnight Monday to Sunday.
You will be responsible for:
- The initial receipt of COVID testing samples
- Confirming correct COVID samples collected and that this sample is not compromised in any way
- Confirming patient details match between COVID specimen and request form
- Confirming test requested and triaging samples into urgent, priority, and routine
- Removing sample from bag and labelling with unique laboratory number
- Entering information into our collection management system
- Escalating and referring defective samples to our operations support team for further follow up
- During this process a gown, gloves, mask, and goggles/visor must be worn while working in a PC2 laboratory.
- Molecular testing of COVID samples
- Primary processing of microbiology samples
The successful applicants will have:
- A demonstrable knowledge of Laboratory procedures
- NZ Medical Laboratory Science Board Registration / Provisional Registration
- A sound knowledge of laboratory operations including; safety, operation of equipment and hands-on practical experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- The ability to work in a methodical manner, adhering to strict quality procedure guidelines
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
If this sounds like you and you are dedicated to quality and want to be part of a friendly supportive team, apply today!