Medical Laboratory Scientists/Technicians - Biochemistry/Immunology
As part of the Asia Pacific Healthcare Group (APHG), Labtests has been providing pathology services to the Auckland Community since 2009. This is predominantly done through our network of 58 collection centres and a state of the art laboratory situated in Mt Wellington. Our laboratory is highly automated and technically advanced, and we deliver an outstanding service for patients and health professionals. We are committed to the future of pathology in New Zealand through excellence in technical, clinical, and service innovations.
Labtests are seeking applications to fill a variety of roles:
- Medical Laboratory Scientist, Immunology - Permanent
- Medical Laboratory Technician, Immunology - Permanent
- Medical Laboratory Technician, Immunology - Fixed Term 12 months
- Medical Laboratory Scientist, Biochemistry - Permanent
- Medical Laboratory Technicians Biochemistry - Permanent
All positions are full-time, rostered positions of 80 hours each fortnight. Reporting to the Head of Department, you will be performing routine procedures and tests in accordance with set specifications and Standard Operating Procedures, and recording results correctly and accurately using the appropriate documentation.
Successful applicants will require:
- NZ Medical Laboratory Science Board Registration / Provisional Registration
- A sound knowledge of laboratory operations including; safety, operation of equipment and hands-on practical experience
- A good understanding of Biochemistry and/or Immunology
- Disciplined, self-motivated and a positive approach to work
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Customer focus and commitment to providing a high quality of service to internal and external customers
- The ability to work in a methodical manner adhering to strict quality procedure guidelines
- Strong problem solving skills
Flexibility with your working hours will be invaluable to the team, as will be a customer focus and commitment to provide an excellent service to the greater community.
If you are passionate about your work, dedicated to quality and want to be part of a friendly supportive team committed to providing quality pathology services to the greater Auckland region, apply today!