Labtests - Patient Services
At APHG, we're proud to be a New Zealand owned national network of 25 laboratories, 150 collection centres and employers of over 2,100 people throughout Aotearoa. Our team of specialist pathologists, scientist, technicians, phlebotomists, couriers and shared services personnel deliver a world-class service that together collects, analyses and reports over 7 million patient results annually. APHG conducts 1/3 of all COVID-19 testing in NZ, the largest of any single service providers.
Labtests provides high quality diagnostic pathology services to the Auckland community, healthcare professionals and their patients since 2009. Labtests is owned by the Asia Pacific Healthcare Group (APHG), a healthcare company committed to providing facilities and services that deliver exceptional care to its clients.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Area Manager to provide innovative leadership and operational management to our Patient Services Department. We strive to achieve a quality, efficient and cost effective delivery of diagnostic services to our customers and patients. As an Area Manager, you will have the ability to take people on a journey with you - lead, rather than manage. Utilising your exceptional communication skills, you will engage with, and motivate staff to drive performance and foster a strong team environment.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Providing support & leadership while overseeing the running of your area within best practice
- Overseeing staff rosters, training, performance management & recruitment
- Having input into strategic planning & implementation, and maintaining efficient open communication with management
- Liaising with and delegating tasks to Team Leaders, Trainers & staff
The ideal applicant will have:
- Previous experience in an operational management role
- Health care sector experience is preferred
- Proven success managing multi-sites
- The ability and passion to drive results and outcomes
- Excellence in organisation and communication
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Full NZ Driver's Licence
This position includes a company vehicle, laptop and mobile phone for work purposes.