Pre-Analytical Technicians - Permanent Full & Part Time
Do you want to kick start your career in the Health Sector?
Are you looking at returning to the workforce?
This is a fabulous opportunity for someone who is interested in working in a Medical Laboratory. Our busy Laboratory, based at Dunedin Hospital, is looking for 1 x permanent full time (80 hours), and 3 x permanent part time staff members.
What is a Pre-Analytical Technician?
Someone who receipts and prepares samples prior to laboratory testing.
Key tasks include: barcoding, receipting and preparing specimens coming in to the laboratory; performing data entry of patient and test details; answering telephones. You will work collaboratively as part of the team, work well under pressure, and have an eye for detail and problem-solving ability.
To succeed in this role you will need the following:
- The ability to work in a methodical manner adhering to strict quality procedure guidelines.
- Customer focus and commitment to providing a high quality of service to internal and external customers with effective interpersonal skills
- A sound knowledge of medical terminology, laboratory operations including; safety, operation of equipment and hands-on practical experience is desirable; but not essential.
- Diploma in Applied Science, or a Bachelor of Science would be an advantage
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
We will provide you with 2-3 months paid training. The starting rate for this position is $21.50, remuneration will be based on your skills, experience and qualifications.
If you are not already registered with the Medical Science Council of New Zealand, we will support you working towards becoming a Qualified Pre-Analytical Technician.
Southern Community Laboratories, which is a division of Asia Pacific Healthcare Group, has provided doctors' and patients in New Zealand with pathology services since 1960 with laboratories throughout the country. Our teams consists of talented and skilled individuals, all of whom play an important role in helping us to be New Zealand's leading provider of quality private healthcare services.
If you want to be part of a New Zealand success story please go to our website www.aphgcareers.co.nz
Applications close 28 January 2022