Team Leader - Patient Services
Wellington SCL provides high quality diagnostic pathology services to the community, healthcare professionals and their patients. Wellington SCL is owned by Asia Pacific Healthcare Group, a healthcare company committed to providing facilities and services that deliver exceptional care to its clients.
Our Patient Services Department is responsible for the collection of blood samples and handling contained specimens, i.e. human blood, faeces, urine, tissue etc from patients within the community and the hospital. These samples are then processed and tested in our state of the art medical laboratory.
Reporting to the Patient Services Manager, alongside 3 other regional Team Leaders, you will manage, mentor and support approx 30-35 Phlebotomists across six Collection Centre sites located in the Northern Wellington area.
You will be knowledgeable about the healthcare environment as well as experienced in delivering top- notch customer service. Leading people and teams to success will be a passion of yours and you won't be phased by managing remotely which means your communication skills are excellent.
This is a full time position of 80 hours per fortnight.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 3-5 years of experience in a former frontline, customer-facing team, preferably with rostering and reporting responsibility.
- A demonstrable application of professional written and interpersonal communication techniques and strategies.
- Strong problem solving and multi-tasking skills, managed with a sense of resilience.
- A sound knowledge of and understanding of Company Health & Safety practices, hazards and emergency procedures.
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- A clean, New Zealand Full Drivers licence.
- You must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
Experience and qualification in Phlebotomy or the healthcare sector is highly desirable, but not essential.
If this sounds like you, and you want to be part of a friendly supportive team committed to providing quality Phlebotomy Services to the Wellington region, please apply online via our website: www.aphgcareers.co.nz
Applications Close 17 January 2022