Pre-Analytical Technician - Full Time Specimen Services
Do you want to kick-start your career in the Health Sector?
Are you looking at returning to the workforce?
This is a fabulous opportunity for someone who is interested in working in a Medical Laboratory. Our busy New Plymouth Laboratory is looking for permanent full time Pre-Analytical Technician.
What is a Pre-Analytical Technician?
Someone who receipts and prepares samples prior to laboratory testing.
Key tasks include: barcoding, receipting and preparing specimens coming in to the laboratory; performing data entry of patient and test details; answering telephones. You will work collaboratively as part of the team, work well under pressure, and have an eye for detail and problem-solving ability.
To succeed in this role you will need the following:
- The ability to work in a methodical manner adhering to strict quality procedure guidelines.
- Customer focus and commitment to providing a high quality of service to internal and external customers with effective interpersonal skills
- A sound knowledge of medical terminology, laboratory operations including; safety, operation of equipment and hands-on practical experience is desirable but not essential.
- Diploma in Applied Science, or a Bachelor of Science would be an advantage
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 by the 1st January 2022
We will provide you with 2-3 months paid training. The starting rate for this position is $21.00, remuneration will be based on your skills, experience and qualifications.
If you are not already registered with the Medical Science Council of New Zealand, we will support you working towards becoming a Qualified Pre-Analytical Technician.
Taranaki Pathology Services provides high quality diagnostic pathology services to the community, health care professionals and their patients. Taranaki Pathology is owned by APHG, a healthcare company committed to providing facilities and services that deliver exceptional care to its clients.
If you want to be part of a New Zealand success story please go to our website www.aphgcareers.co.nz
Applications close 10 December 2021