Medical Laboratory Technician Core Laboratory
Wellington SCL provides high quality diagnostic pathology services to the community, health care professionals and their patients. Wellington SCL is owned by APHG a healthcare company committed to providing facilities and services that deliver exceptional care to its clients.
We are currently seeking applications for a full time qualified Medical Laboratory Technician with a current APC to join our Kenepuru team. A technician with multi-disciplinary experience is preferred (Biochemistry, Haematology & Specimen Reception); however, consideration will also be given to training someone with the right skills, preferably with a science background.
The position is 80 hours per fortnight, and will include some weekend and evening shifts at our Hutt Hospital Laboratory. Please note, these shifts attract penal rates.
- The ability to work in a methodical manner adhering to strict quality procedure guidelines
- A team focus with initiative, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and possess the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent attention to detail, with good record keeping skills
- The ability to work independently, while in a supported role
- Registration with the Medical Sciences Council of New Zealand, and a current Annual Practicing Certificate are advantageous, but not essential.
If you are passionate about your work, dedicated to quality and want to be part of a friendly supportive team committed to providing quality pathology services apply online via our website: www.aphgcareers.co.nz
Applications close: 28 October 2021