Medical Laboratory Scientist, Biochemistry
As part of the Asia Pacific Healthcare Group (APHG), Labtests has been providing pathology services to the Auckland Community since 2009. This is predominantly done through our network of 58 collection centres and a state of the art laboratory situated in Mt Wellington. Our laboratory is highly automated and technically advanced, and we deliver an outstanding service for patients and health professionals. We are committed to the future of pathology in New Zealand through excellence in technical, clinical, and service innovations.
About the role:
Our Biochemistry department has a vacancy for an experienced Medical Laboratory Scientist. This is a permanent, full time role (80 hours per fortnight) and will include working weekends and evening/night shift rosters. Flexibility with your working hours will be invaluable to the team, as will be a customer focus and a commitment to providing an excellent service to the greater community.
In this role you will work as part of a team and will be responsible for:
- Machine operation,
- Trouble shooting,
- Quality control and management,
- Process development to achieve workload efficiencies
- Clinical validation
- Assisting with staff training.
Successful applicants will require:
- NZ Medical Science Council Registration
- A current Annual Practicing Certificate
- An in-depth knowledge of Biochemistry
- The ability to work in a methodical manner adhering to strict quality procedures.
- 2 years' experience as a Scientist is preferable
If you are passionate about your work, dedicated to quality and want to be part of a friendly supportive team who are committed to providing quality pathology services to the greater Auckland region, please apply today.