Medical Laboratory Scientist - Microbiology
Southern Community Laboratories, which is a division of Asia Pacific Healthcare Group (APHG), has provided doctors and patients in New Zealand with pathology services since 1960.
APHG provides services to over 75% of New Zealand's population in hospital and community settings. With the largest pathology network in New Zealand from as far north as Kerikeri to Invercargill in the south, APHG offers diverse and dynamic career opportunities.
Our busy Invercargill Laboratory, which services both the Hospital and Community by providing diagnostic testing of medical specimens, is looking for a full time Scientist to work in our Microbiology Department.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Registration as a Medical Laboratory Scientist with the Medical Sciences Council of NZ
- A current Annual Practicing Certificate
- 3-5 years' experience in Microbiology.
- A sound knowledge of laboratory operations including; safety, operation of equipment and hands-on practical experience.
- The ability to work in a methodical manner adhering to strict quality procedure guidelines.
- You will be required to participate in the weekend roster, and once trained participate in the on call roster.
At APHG we recognise that continuous learning is paramount for all our employees and we actively support this through a variety of employee focused programs.
If you have effective interpersonal skills, dedicated to quality and want to be part of a friendly, supportive team then we want to hear from you.
Applications close 29 October 2021
To apply go to our careers website www.aphgcareers.co.nz