Specimen Reception Technician
Gribbles Veterinary Pathology is New Zealand's leading provider of veterinary diagnostic services operating five laboratories nationwide. This fully equipped diagnostic laboratory performs a range of domestic and export testing, on behalf of private Veterinarians research organisations, government agencies, pharmaceutical companies and zoos.
Our Christchurch laboratory is currently offering an exciting opportunity for a permanent, 35 hours per week Specimen Services Technician to join the Specimen Reception team.
Reporting to the Section Leader you will embrace a culture of continuous improvement and a solutions-focussed mind set, to ensure a high level of quality and service. The first point of contact for samples arriving into the lab and a customer service superstar for our clients. You will work collaboratively as part of the processing team to receipt, sort and dispatch samples for the purpose of diagnostic and analytical testing. Case handling (case processing, unpacking, checking and scanning). Sample logistics (referrals, sample pick-up, courier run). Must be friendly, approachable, a team-player and have great customer service and excellent computer skills.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to absorb, evaluate, and respond to information and ideas in a positive manner
- Highly motivated and driven with professional attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure whilst working within a team
- Safety and quality conscious
- Ability to organise, prioritise and focus on daily work to meet turnaround times
- Solutions focused with ability to problem solve and adapt under pressure
- Continuous improvement mind set
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work additional hours when required
- Enthusiasm, energy and a driven outlook
- Experience working in a PC2 level biological containment laboratory is beneficial
- Full drivers' license
The following key tasks will be part of your challenging and varied role:
- Responsible for receipt, sort, and dispatch of samples for the purpose of diagnostic and analytical testing. Case handling (case processing, unpacking, checking and scanning).
- Sample logistics (referrals, sample pick-up, courier run). Sample archiving and disposal as well as consumables orders preparation/dispatch and container returns.
- Co-ordination of couriers and ordering for the lab alongside referral testing processes.
- Handling all calls and emails from clients, troubleshooting and providing service guidance.
- Participation in the Saturday roster will be required
- Ongoing identification of quality, operational and efficiency improvement opportunities
WHAT TO DO IF YOU'RE INTERESTED:
To apply for this job go to https://aphgcareers.co.nz