Phlebotomist - Fixed-term, full-time
Are you looking for an opportunity to utilise your excellent customer service skills and gain a new qualification in the healthcare profession?
Can you start immediately?
Canterbury SCL provides high-quality diagnostic pathology services to the community, healthcare professionals and their patients. Canterbury SCL is owned by Asia Pacific Healthcare Group, a healthcare company committed to providing facilities and services that deliver exceptional care to its clients.
Our Patient Services department is responsible for the collection of blood samples and handling contained specimens, i.e. human blood, faeces, urine, tissue etc from patients within the community. These samples are then processed and tested in our state of the art medical laboratory.
We require a fixed-term full-time phlebotomist to cover parental leave for 12 months starting immediately. Our phlebotomists work collaboratively as part of a close-knit team to provide excellent front line collection services while demonstrating behaviours that reflect our company values. Our goal is to provide a professional customer service link between health professionals, the public and our laboratory staff.
This is a public-facing role, so to be successful you will have excellent customer service skills, be warm and friendly, adaptable to individual needs, and have a can-do attitude. Previous experience in the Healthcare sector and/or knowledge of medical terminology is desirable, but not essential.
The ideal candidate will hold a QMLT in phlebotomy or similar. However, for the right candidate, Canterbury SCL will provide a full on-the-job training programme in phlebotomy while supporting you to become a qualified phlebotomy practitioner with the Medical Sciences Council of NZ.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Demonstrate previous experience in a customer-facing role and a positive, friendly approach
- Demonstrate cultural and social sensitivity and be sensitive to special needs
- Be able to accurately follow detailed instructions and procedures in a fast-paced environment
- Be highly motivated towards learning and development in order to develop technical competency in Phlebotomy and other specimen collection procedures
- Have adaptable IT skills
- Hold a current full NZ driver's licence
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident or hold the appropriate visa
If this sounds like you, and you want to be part of a friendly supportive team committed to providing quality phlebotomy services to the Canterbury region, please apply online via our website.