Laboratory Technician, Microbiology
- Full Time Fixed Term - 6 months (to cover for an existing employee on leave)
Gribbles Veterinary Pathology New Zealand is the country's leading provider of veterinary diagnostic services, operating five laboratories nationwide. This fully equipped diagnostic laboratory performs a range of domestic and export testing, on behalf of private Veterinarians research organisations, government agencies, pharmaceutical companies and zoos and the food industry.
Gribbles Veterinary and analytical offers a comprehensive range of clinical pathology, diagnostic and analytical microbiology services. We specialise in providing a rapid, friendly and helpful service to all our clients.
We are currently offering an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a fixed term full-time analyst to join our microbiology team based at Dunedin. You will be a part of our growing business.
The following key tasks will be part of your challenging and varied role:
- Preparation, extraction and analysis of samples in accordance with documented procedures
- General laboratory housekeeping tasks in accordance with PC2 requirements
- Data transcription and checking in accordance with quality standards
- Ensuring turnaround times are met, whilst maintaining quality standards
- Ongoing identification of quality and efficiency improvement opportunities
We are looking for the following skills and attributes:
- A degree in science, preferably with a microbiology major
- Experience in a laboratory setting would be an advantage
- Flexibility to work additional hours when required
- Availability for the weekend roster
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm, energy and a driven outlook
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, then please apply online.