Head of Department, Microbiology
Southern Community Laboratories, which is a division of Asia Pacific Healthcare Group, has provided doctors and patients in New Zealand with pathology services since 1960 with laboratories throughout the country. Our teams consists of talented and skilled individuals, all of whom play an important role in helping us to be New Zealand's leading provider of quality private healthcare services.
As Head of Department you will have overall responsibility for managing all operational activities of the Microbiology department. This is a full time role, working 80 hours per fortnight. You will ensure a quality and cost effective delivery of diagnostic services to our customers and patients.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Registration as a Medical Laboratory Scientist with the Medical Sciences Council of NZ
- A current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Relevant qualifications and at least 5 years' experience in all aspects of Microbiology
- Previous supervisory and/or staff management experience with proven ability to lead and motivate a team
- You will be required to participate in the weekend roster.
- Previous experience managing budgets and monitoring finances
You will be disciplined and self-motivated with a positive approach to work; customer focused; possess effective interpersonal and time management skills; able to work independently, use initiative to solve problems and make decisions appropriately.
At APHG we recognise that continuous learning is paramount for all our employees and we have an actively support this through a variety of employee focused programs.
To apply go to our careers website www.aphgcareers.co.nz