Are you or do you know someone who is dedicated, enthusiastic and ready for a new challenge in the healthcare industry?
Labtests are seeking applicants to join our Trainee Phlebotomy Programme to earn while they learn, completing a qualification and becoming a Qualified and Registered Phlebotomists.
About our Company:
As part of the Asia Pacific Healthcare Group (APHG), Labtests has been providing pathology services to the Auckland community since August 2009. We recognise the importance of highly qualified staff, inspired leadership together with advanced information technology and automation to achieve service excellence.
Our Phlebotomists are fully trained to provide excellent customer service and high-quality care to our patients. This is a busy role, with our team processing up to 7,000 patient specimens over a day, working from our 58 collection rooms across Auckland. Our Phlebotomists also do home visits and provide collection services at private hospitals & rest homes.
About the Training:
In this programme, successful applicants will be trained on blood and other specimen extraction, collection, labelling and preservation techniques in preparation for laboratory analysis.
The programme will also ensure our Trainee Phlebotomists learn the Labtests way of providing a professional customer service link between health professionals, their patients and the laboratory.
Trainees will need to sit either the Diploma in Applied Science Level 5, or the Qualified Medical Laboratory Technician (QMLT) certificate to become registered with the Medical Sciences Council of New Zealand as a Qualified Phlebotomist.
About the Roles:
- Permanent, Full Time between the hours of 7.00am - 6.00pm Monday to Friday
- Participation in the weekend roster is required 8.00am - 12.00pm
- WDHB Region, ADHB Region and CMDHB Region - staff are employed to a 'cluster' of collection centres and not just one!
- Training intakes 3-May | 7-June | 19-July
- NZ Citizens & Residents only
Previous Phlebotomy experience is not essential as long as you have:
- A positive and friendly approach to your work
- Compassion for others, including a real desire to provide high-quality care to a wide variety of patients of all ages and circumstances
- Excellent customer service skills including a high level of personal presentation
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to follow processes accurately, even when under pressure
- Respect for ensuring patient confidentiality at all times and in all matters
- A full New Zealand driver's licence